RSVP to see "Add to Calendar" button here.
If you believe that instant runoff voting (aka ranked choice voting) would be a great step towards better elections in Georgia and want to learn how to help other people see its value, this training is for you.
This training is for people who want to gain more comfort with being a Speaker, Connection Specialist, or otherwise have conversations about instant runoff / ranked choice voting on behalf of Better Ballot Georgia (BBGA).
What will the training include?
Some of the areas we will cover include:
- knowing your audience,
- using that understanding to build rapport and select points to emphasize,
- selecting the best ask, and
- what to do when you don't know the answer to a question.
We will also cover logistics needed to work with a BBGA team, such as who will be assigned to talk with specific groups, how you will know who to talk with, where notes and details are stored, and what to do when you get a YES.
The training will be conducted with a combination of a main group session, split rooms dedicated specifically to Speakers or Connections & Endorsements, and smaller break-outs for practicing what you learn.
If your schedule allows, please come to the training if you plan to contact any organizations on behalf of BBGA, even if you think you can only give a few hours per month.
Do I need to do anything before attending?
- RSVP on this event page!
- We would prefer that everyone have some familiarity with IRV/RCV. A great way to do this is to attend the BBGA Instant Runoff Voting 101 webinar on 3/18. If you are unable to attend or missed the meeting and are not already comfortable with details about IRV/RCV, come anyway! We will have other training options available for helping you develop confidence in the benefits of IRV/RCV.
- Invite interested friends. ;)
Where Can I Ask Questions About This?
Do you like this page?