You can also view and apply for this job at DemocracyJobs.com.
Better Ballot Georgia, a volunteer-driven statewide 501c3 organization that advocates for instant runoff voting (a.k.a. ranked choice voting), is looking for a full-time Statewide Organizer to work on the front lines of a transformative campaign to upgrade Georgia’s voting system to instant runoff voting (IRV). Hiring and supervision will be managed by Rank the Vote, which is a national grassroots organization founded by IRV activists.
This Organizer will be a part of the team to work towards winning IRV in Georgia by being responsible for increasing visibility and winning majority voter support for the IRV movement. They will conduct smart and compelling campaigns across digital and in-person mediums to drive volunteer engagement, grow the supporter base, gain endorsements, and develop grassroots fundraising. Working hand-in-hand with statewide grassroots leaders, the Organizer will harness tools to help drive success at local events and actions, train activists on organizing techniques, and reach growth goals to help win IRV for Georgia.
- Work closely with the statewide organizing team to establish operational priorities and meet aggressive weekly and monthly goals for scheduled and ad hoc voter outreach.
- Manage, develop and support a field team to grow the volunteer and donor base. Canvass weekly, hitting monthly target goals to grow a supporter list.
- Develop meaningful activities for volunteers that contribute to the campaign’s strategic goals.
- Expand our system for recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Work closely with volunteer leaders to ensure they are executing movement methods effectively.
- Develop repeatable, trainable processes to boost engagement, online and over the phone, so as to drive turnout for events.
- Train activists on messaging and best practices. Train volunteer leaders in relationship, coalition, and organizational building tactics and strategies.
- Communicate status updates and action items to local IRV supporters. Ensure volunteer communications and events are appropriately structured and impactful, and also promoted well.
- Develop and maintain relations with national/state/regional volunteer groups in the electoral reform space.
- Devise a system for thanking and/or rewarding super-volunteers.
- Conduct coaching sessions on all aspects of movement methods: from how to run an effective meeting, how to inspire a recruit to action, to how to set up and maintain organizational systems and technology platforms.
- Recruit hosts for House Parties, on Zoom and in-person, and coordinate invitations.
- Perform online targeting and list segmentation for ads on social media and other channels.
- Run phonebanks to dial for dollars/calltime.
- Cultivate relationships with larger 4-5 figure donors.
- Apply for grants.
- Craft newsletters to raise funds.
- Maintain relationships with influencers, elected officials, and allied organizations for partnerships and social media amplification.
- Cultivate, build and manage grassroots partnerships and strategic coalitions, and present calls to action when appropriate.
- Update a reporting system for tracking stances of key operatives.
- Essential Experience: 1-6+ years campaign / organizing experience. Personnel / volunteer management experience. Excellent public speaking and meeting facilitation skills. Experience with metrics-based capacity growth and goal-setting and moving volunteers from online to offline direct actions.
- Has been Campaign Manager for at least one candidate in Georgia, preferably in multiple campaign cycles.
- Rural organizing experience.
- Experience boosting diversity in organizations.
- Volunteer training and management experience for 1-6+ years.
- Lobbying / advocacy experience for issue(s).
- Written communication skills.
- Mastery of social media platforms.
- Prior grassroots fundraising experience.
- List-building and fundraising experience for issues or candidates is a plus.
- Goal Setting/Achievement: Show planned/achieved goals and tracked metrics/accomplishments in resume.
- Tech skills: Competence in project management platforms (especially Google Suite), and grassroots activism platforms (such as NationBuilder, CallHub, etc.)
- Characteristics: Understanding of the Georgia political landscape. Passion for IRV and a commitment to continued learning, drive, vision, obsessive attention to detail, proven leadership, an unwavering positive attitude and good humor, an eagerness to receive feedback and course-correct. Adherence to an ethos of non-partisan public relations and messaging, including engagement with individuals from a broad spectrum of political views, and ability to show restraint on expressing personal partisan opinions. Exceptional people skills and emotional intelligence.
- Timing: Must be available on evenings and weekends to ensure maximum engagement with volunteers and leaders for the full length of campaign. Should be open to full time work (i.e., not in school).
- Travel: Must be available to travel up to 50% of paid time within Georgia to assist state volunteers on an in-person basis, as public health conditions allow. Any travel that requires you to be away from home overnight, or significantly outside of your metropolitan area, will be reimbursed according to the current IRS mileage, lodging and per diem rates and rules. All other work is remote.
- Residency: Resident of Georgia.
- Language: Spanish speaking proficiency is a plus.
Schedule: Full time (Many evenings and weekends required)
Compensation and Contract terms:
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. The range for the Organizer position is $45-60k annual salary depending on experience. Benefits include short term & long term disability, healthcare, 401K and 29 days of PTO/floating holidays.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
or apply at DemocracyJobs.com
Rank the Vote provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above. We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, people of color, and members of other historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do you like this page?